Taco Tuesday will never be the same. You’ll go loco for these low-calorie, low-carbohydrate, high-protein, and gluten/grain-free tacos @ only 250 calories per 5!
- 1 jicama (~4.5-5 inches in diameter)
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1/3 cup plain, nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 pound small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 Tbsp blackened seasoning
- 2 oz. crumbled, reduced-fat feta
- Peel entire jicama. Using a wide mandoline slicer, slice jicama into round, paper thin slices (I used the “1” setting on my large OXO mandoline). You’ll need about 10 to 12 good slices. Soak slices in cold water for 30 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- While slices are soaking, prepare fillings. Combine broccoli slaw mix, Greek yogurt, lime juice, and sriracha.
- Place shrimp and seasoning in a large, resealable plastic bag. Shake to coat shrimp evenly. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble tacos: Fill each jicama “shell” with slaw, shrimp, and a sprinkle of feta, and serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 5 tacos
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 28 g