Caribbean Salmon Skewers
Salmon is marinated in pineapple juice, seasoned with cajun spices, and served along side bell pepper, red onion, and sweet pineapple chunks for a caribbean-inspired healthy grilled dinner. Low in carbs, packed with protein, and only 300 calories per serving!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
1, 20-oz can pineapple chunks in juice
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 lbs raw, wild salmon, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
1 medium-sized orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
1/2 medium-sized red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Combine pineapple juice (all of the juice from the canned pineapple) and Worcestershire sauce in a large, re-sealable plastic bag. Add salmon cubes, seal, and let marinate for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place skewers in a shallow dish and cover with water. Let soak while salmon marinates (to prevent excessive burning of the skewers on the grill).
- Remove salmon cubes from marinade, and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pat tops of cubes gently with paper towel to remove excess liquid. Season salmon cubes with cajun seasoning.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Alternate ingredients onto each skewer (salmon cubes, red pepper slices, orange pepper slices, red onion, and pineapple) in any order and quantity you’d like. (Number of total skewers will depend on how long the skewers are and how much you decide to load onto each skewer).
- Grease grill with cooking spray, and cook skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Tips: Cut vegetables while your salmon’s marinating and your skewers are soaking. Save remaining canned pineapple chunks for another recipe, or eat while you cook!
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 35 g